CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kickin' Weekend

Friday night we went to an Oakcrest Reunion. It's been 5 years since I worked there. I can't believe it. It's also the 50th anniversary of Oakcrest so there were a lot of very happy people there. It was so wierd being back. That was definitely one of the best Summers of my life. It was really nice to see all of my old friends. Above is a picture of all of the 2003 staff that showed up. Below is the cabin I lived in during August of that Summer. Oh, the memories!
On Saturday we headed up to Jordanelle Reservoir and did some recreating after Ike finished his morning mountain bike ride. Don't worry, I have a pink swimsuit on in the photo above (I'm not skinny dipping)
Mmm... Bananas in the parking lot. Our makeshift changing table
Sunday evening we had a picnic up Big Cottonwood Canyon with Travis, Marcie and Zane. Aspen LOVED dipping her toes in the creek.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Wow Kristy! I am so impressed!

April said...

Citrus, I think you were skinny dipping. You don't have to hide it.

The Lunds said...

So that is crazy. I was looking at the photo of your Oakcrest reunion and saw Brian's cousin on there. Her name is Michelle. I think she was the director or something. It's been fun running into you guys. I love doing outdoor things. Especially in the canyons. It's beautiful up there and it's an inexpensive thrill!

Ryan said...

That little girl is growing fast. Looks like Aspen has Ike completely wrapped around her finger.

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I got to see Harmony aka Giner this weekend she said it was a blast! Aspen is getting soooo big and sooo cute! See you this weekend! YEAH!!

lisa said...

I remember Oakcrest! It was one of my favorite year of Girls Camp. That's cool you got to work there--I always wanted to but didn't know how and I moved too far away by then!

Michelle said...

Kristy - I hope you remember me! Michelle Andrus from the good ol' singles ward! I noticed your names on Katie's blog, and was so excited to see pictures of you two with your adorable little girl. All of your pictures make me miss Utah so much. You two look great and your daughter is so cute!

Erica Shurter said...

Hey guys,
It was great to see you! Hope you got home okay and I can't wait to see all your pics. Send me your email address and I'll send you those cute pics. Here's our blog: shurter.blogspot.com and our email address is djnevshurter@yahoo.com
Thanks! Erica